Sunday, January 4, 2009

productive sunday!

I *WILL* be productive today.. I have a healthy breakfast..and am now off to the gym!

Spunkysuzi sent me a link to a great post about Oatmeal. I've been having issues with how to cook it and make it actually edible. Check out this post if you want some good tips on cooking oatmeal and WHY it's so good for you!

Ok.. off to the Gym.. 1 hour walk with Inclines since I skipped the gym yesterday!!
Do any of you ladies (or guys!) out there use the gyms weight machines? I'm trying to decide if I should use them...but not sure what ones to use. I need to talk to one of the gym trainers on monday about it.

Food Log
breakfast (10:30!)
1 cup cooked oatmeal with:
1 med. banana
2 Tbsp natural organic sodium free PB (couldve used just 1 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp sunflowerseeds (unsalted)
1 pckt Splenda *
about 520 calories.. whoo!

* splenda is not clean.. i know.. but i needed sugar! my oatmeal was bland : ( But with all my foods being pretty low in sugar.. i think 1 packet of splenda is ok...eventually I will break the habit. Anyone know anything about Truvia?? Wonder if that's a clean sugar sub?

Gym - walk, 45min, 3.0mph, .5 incline

snack
baby carrots and hummus

lunch
1c sauted zuchinni
1c brown rice
1c bean chili

dinner
2c zuchinni
4oz chicken/bean burger
3cups salad
1/4 avacado
red wine vinegar dressing


##thoughts##

1 cup TOTAL whole grains a day, so 1/2c cooked oatmeal, 1/2 rice
1/2c chili

It sucks to be on a food budget.. only spent $35 this week.. $10 over.. but I think i can take that out of my gas budget since I have no long trips planned. Lucky me for having a job around the corner... come spring.. I may just walk to work.. probably 15 or 20 minute walk..

Anyways.. at least I am eating healthy even if I have to stretch everything.. upside is that I'm automatically eating less..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love oatmeal! Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I love you for your splenda remark :)
I use it.
I try to eat as clean as I can.
I fall short.

(Have you seen/tried the oatmeal protein pancakes??)

Miz.