Monday, February 2, 2009

some positive things

* I re-arranged my desk at work so no I can see the gorgeous view of the lake and will also hopefully have less glare on my monitor -- wich will also hopefully mean less headaches..

* I got in an hour of singing tonight.. my voice has such a strange, amazing new dark color to it..not sure that's the best color for Rutter.. but it will have to do!

* I at all my food today, drank 8 glasses of water, and even had room for some PB on toast..

* met my goal of 25% Fat/ 25% protein/ 50% carbs ... it's at this ratio I lose the best...

* Did the first day of the Couch 2 5K jogging program.. almost cried at the end of my last 1-minute jog because I was so freakin' happy I did the damn thing! It's so true when they say 'running can be euphoric'... I sure felt on top of the world!

* My car is running just fine now

* a friend who owes me $$ finally paid some of it back today.. now I can afford a lesson or two...

* I saw the most gorgeous sunset today.. deep pink and yummy.. reflected on the lake...

* Had a good talk with my roommate about a lot of things. We rarely talk, and I'm glad we are doing more of it.. I kind of shut everyone out this past fall..so I never really got to know her when i first moved in.. This was one of my goals for the year...

* I'm so blessed to have so many people in my life who are going through the same battle.. It's great to read all these blogs. PLUS.. I have a sparkgroup of some college peeps and we are keeping track of ourselves and eachother on that sparkpage.. so GREAT (Hey T!!)

* life is just good... going to work on keeping it that way with as few down moments as possible (but recognize that you can't eliminate the bad stuff completely!... how boring would that be?!)

3 comments:

Dina said...

I'm jealous of your lake view at work :P

I get headaches like crazy too, I've found keeping my monitor brightness to almost zero, and then the contrast down a bit too helps some.

Jeff said...

What a nice entry. I'm glad you had a nice day. It's nice to have a nice view when you work. I recently rearranged my office for similar reasons (glare, view).

Thanks for your encouragement, I appreciate it!

Tamzin said...

ahhh good karma coming back. how sweet it is!

:D