Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Making Excuses...



SPARKPEOPLE'S Translation...

Are you interested in your goals, or are you fully committed? One of the most common complaints among goal setters nowadays is that there’s just not enough time to get to the ones that “really matter.” The real culprit is that most people don’t raise their goals beyond the level of general interest. They’re waiting for a vague time in the future when other things won’t get in the way or when they wrap things up. In other words, when it’s more convenient. And of course, that time never comes, does it? If your goals are truly that important to you, don’t let anything stand in your way. You have the power to say ‘no’ and to set your priorities. Make that commitment and you automatically create an obligation that you’re bound to fulfill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really needed that quote to show up on sparkpeople today... I was thinking last night how easy it would be to let these past 12 weeks of work just slip away and in a week or two be back to square one.. I've been all excuses this week... Monday it was rainy.. RAINY!!!.. I didn't go to the gym because of RAIN... then today we had an open house at work.. until 7:30... and I ended up eating a bunch of crap finger foods (meatballs..artichoke dip..) plus 2 (yes.. 2) chocolate pudding type things (which, granted, were worth it as it was PURE chocolate.. not jello puddin!)..

I wonder what it takes to get to the point where you are "that" person..

The person who is so committed to eating well and working out and that's NORMAL.. where there are no excuses.. no reasons to skip the gym.. where you are so dedicated to yourself that nothing will get in your way...

I half ass so many things in my life.. singing.. losing weight.. keeping up with friends... And why? I mean.. I know I've been passive the past few years.. and I have every reason to be so give my circumstances.. but really.. that's just one more excuse...

I'll never forget what one jerk-face guy I was with a few years ago said to me within the first few weeks of hanging out... "you are so full of excuses"... He saw right through me so quickly... I was of course pissed at him for saying so.. but I think I was more pissed that he called me out on it and at the time really didn't think I was an excuse person... but now realize I am... still think he's a jerk face though... but I digress...

The point it... There is no reason for me to be sitting back and making excuses about weight loss (or career, or LIFE)...

Do I want to lose weight ..... YES
Do I want to be healthy .... YES
Do I want to be strong and fit .... YES
Do I want to build my self esteem... YES
Do I want to be more energetic... YES

I want all these things and there no reason for me to not reach these goals... NOTHING... not rain.. not money.. not a crappy day at work... eating bad at one meal... being upset about x,y,z ...

Tomorrow I get myself back on track.. gym after work.. dinner.. practice...

Really... it's not that hard...

4 comments:

Tamzin said...

:) I hear ya!!!

Dina said...

I like the quote a lot.

Ditto on that guy being a jerk. You're a big person to be able to see the truth in something someone that jerky says. I'd just discount everything :)

Good luck!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

That's a great quote. So you are done with excuses? Can't wait to see your posts about the healthy choices you are now making!
Path to Health

MizFIt said...

go YOU for being able to step back and realize where you are making excuses and want to move forward.
for me so often the excuses are bigole CLUES what ever I think I wanna do ---I dont.

I still do it but in a different way.

(with me it's running. lots and lots of excuses there :) so for now Im not. but Im still doing cardio.)